Mayfair Consultants provide a comprehensive, exclusive tutoring and educational consultancy service, tailored to the needs and progress of the student both academically and perceptually. We hope to instill in the students the means to effectively and efficiently study, based on experience, and using proven learning strategies.
We have set high expectations of learning & development amongst our consultants, who are all professionals within their field of expertise and all qualified at a postgraduate level with many in the pursuit or possession of a doctorate of philosophy within their chosen disciplines. We find pupils are increasingly not in possession of the necessary tools to pursue their academic careers to fruition – and we are here to provide them.
Why we’re different
Essentially, the incorporation of study skills and aptitude in lessons of every discipline & the continued assessment and building of a skills base with the student. We offer highly academic and professional educational consultants in London and internationally.
Unique & Comprehensive
We offer parents peace of mind that their children are in the most capable hands. We offer a unique and comprehensive tutoring service that is tailored toward the individual needs of the pupil, such as schools entrance and academic consultancy.
Tuition & Assessment
Through assessment, realistic and achievable goals are realized for pupils to work towards. We develop the ability to learn, utilizing tools that will in the future prove indispensable & invaluable for success in any discipline & walk of life.
365 Days a Year
Finding a good tutor in London can be a rewarding process and we do not just provide a tutor for an hour once a year. We are here throughout the year 365 days a year, at your disposal, catering to your individual requirements and planning your progress. We offer both tutors in London and tutors internationally in term time and during the summer. We can also deliver tuition online using the latest voice & video technology in high definition.
Academic & Key Transferable Skills
Our methods are based on experience and we are constantly evolving our strategies to suit individual students. We appreciate that everyone learns in different ways, and it is our job to mould young minds and harness their mental abilities in the best possible way. Our main areas of focus are as follows:
• Skills development audit, as an integral part of the study programme.
• Reflection on academic development and goals for its progression.
• Long-term study skills and aptitude development agenda.
The skill sets that will be audited are listed below:
1. To analyze critically, summarize and evaluate information for its subsequent application.
2. To enhance numeracy, problem solving skills and mental arithmetic.
3. To assemble, interpret and manipulate both quantitative and qualitative data appropriately.
4. To conduct accurate and comprehensive note taking and note diagrams (“Mind Maps”) in a systematic manner so as to demonstrate its purpose.
5. To continually enhance literacy skills through a variety of literature and media.
6. To understand methodological approaches and techniques and their relevant application.
7. To improve the ability to structure and present information to a variety of audiences in both written and oral modes.
8. Enhance the application and appropriate use of learning aids and techniques to process, discuss and demonstrate knowledge within the field.
9. To convey structured information in appropriate forms within different learning environments, through the awareness of its objective and its communication to a lay audience.
10. Using Information Technology (IT) for researching, managing, presenting and recording information in its numerous forms.
11. To write clearly and legibly in a style appropriate to its purpose.
12. To be aware of time, its use and restraints enhancing ones ability to motivate oneself and work towards meeting deadlines.
1. To employ time management techniques and promote the ability to schedule multiple personal and study commitments within designated time periods in order to meet demands and goals.
2. To enhance linguistic skills and build a broad repertoire of languages for a more rounded ability to communicate globally.
3. To enhance cognitive awareness skills.
4. To develop IT and computing skills such as word processors, imaging software, databases, programming languages and web design programmes.
5. The ability to converse effectively with individuals, to appreciate their viewpoint along with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
6. To work as an equal contributor within wider partnerships, envisaging an ability to contribute towards achieving goals.
7. To define and apply strategies for the solution of conceptual or practical problems ultimately aiming for self-reliance.
8. Ability to develop theoretical concepts and to think in an original reasoned and focused manner that is likely to come to fruition.
9. Ability to take effective steps towards career progression through setting realistic and achievable goals.
10. To demonstrate the awareness of transferable skills within the wider context and their application to academic and work environments.
11. To employ memory building techniques and various “Mind Gym” exercises such as employing mental workouts and stimulation, whilst building ones imprinting skills.
These skill subsets in our opinion are the foundations for a healthy academic career, most are guidelines also emphasized by the UK Research Councils skills training requirements for university students especially at a postgraduate level. In essence they ensure all the necessary skills are tackled providing the student with the best possible chance of success in their academic career.
Do you want a good tutor for Private Tuition in London? Contact Us!
At Mayfair Consultants, we are a leading provider of tuition and tutors in London and would be happy to help with any questions about our courses you may have. If you’d like to discuss any of our courses and tuition for GCSE A Level and University Degrees or enquire about our tutoring and consultancy services in London as well as schools entrance tests and extracurricular programmes please call us on Tel: +44 (0) 207 665 6606 or you can send us an email via our contact form