SAQ Tutor Supplementary Application Questionnaire Cambridge
SAQ Tutors Cambridge
Mayfair Consultants offers comprehensive, expert support for application to the best universities in the world. We provide one-to-one tutorials, either in our London office or remotely, to give you the flexibility you need, wherever you may need it. Our team of exceptional tutors is just a phone call away, ready to adapt to your requirements. We assist with the UCAS application, including SAQ and pre-interview assessment preparation. We also offer interview advice, to support you in excelling in each step of your educational journey.
What is SAQ?
The Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ) is an online document, that requires supplementary information for your undergraduate application to the University of Cambridge. SAQ aids the admission tutors to understand the candidate’s academic background beyond the data supplied through UCAS, such as topics covered as part of your AS/A Level courses (or equivalent). This allows for more insightful preparation of interview questions and/or access arrangements. SAQ typically needs to be completed by the 22nd of October (although an earlier deadline exists for international applicants).
What is needed to complete SAQ?
As stated in the most recent guide (2022/23 entry), to complete SAQ, the applicant requires:
– UCAS Personal ID
– SAQ temporary password (received by email)
– Passport-style photograph
– Details of either the units taken (AS/A Levels) or band scores achieved (Scottish Highers)
– A copy of the High School Transcript (if required)
– A copy of the University Transcript (if applicable)
– Fee payment (if applicable)
Note: after submitting your UCAS application, you will receive the email titled ‘Application to the University of Cambridge’ from ‘email@example.com’.
Things to consider:
To complete the SAQ stress-free, consider the following ahead of time:
- Make sure you have a passport-style photograph ready.
- Consider whether you need to submit a High School Transcript? If so, you can request it from your school early to ensure it is ready before the deadline.
- There is an option of submitting an additional personal statement as a part of your SAQ. Would you like to do so?
- Do you intend to use the Extenuating Circumstances Form (ECF)?
Additionally, international applicants should consider the following points:
- What are your sources of funding and the amount of funding available? Do you intend to submit any scholarship applications to specific Cambridge Colleges?
- Would you like to submit your SAT results (if available)?
If English is not your first language, please review the following:
- Can you obtain your High School Transcript in English? Are there any additional arrangements you need to make with your school?
- What language qualifications (e.g. IELTS) did you take? Alternatively, what qualifications do you intend to take to demonstrate that you meet the University’s English language requirements?
Which UK Universities use SAQ?
SAQ is specific for admission to courses at Cambridge University.
How to register?
There is no need to register.
We do recommend, however, that you consider if you have all elements required by SAQ ready ahead of time, to make sure the university has your complete academic profile.
Educational Experts in London and remotely
Mayfair Consultants offers one-to-one tuition, either in our central London office or remotely, for our clients. Our team consists of exceptionally skilled specialists, with many holding postgraduate degrees, ready to support you at each step of your educational journey. We will guide you in your UCAS application and support you in SAQ completion. We tailor our approach to you to make sure your application is an accurate representation of your full academic potential. If you would like to arrange private lessons or have any questions about our tuition services please call us on tel: +44 (0) 207 665 6606 or you can send us an email via our contact form.
A sign-on page for applicants: